From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC enforcement proposal
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 15:42:34
1 On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 04:05:07AM -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > By making initial actions temporary (e.g., 6-12 hours in most cases),
3 > they can be taken rapidly with little negative consequence in the case
4 > of a mistake. The goal is to provide developers with a cooling-off
5 > period but allow them to rejoin the discussion with little loss.
6
7 ++
8
9 > All this team's actions must be approved by the lead within a short time
10 > period or must be reverted. It's expected that many actions will range
11 > from 6-12 hours, so 12 hours seems like a reasonable time to require
12 > lead approval. Whenever the lead is unavailable, approval falls to the
13 > council. (Remember, two council members together can make decisions.)
14
15 I like the spirit, but I'm not sure how feasible this is in practice.
16 In any case, they should be documented (e.g. sent to some private list
17 where the lead and council can see it).
18
19 cheers,
20 Wernfried
23 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
24 Gentoo Forums - http://forums.gentoo.org
25 forum-mods (at) gentoo.org
26 #gentoo-forums (freenode)