From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Stepping back from council duties
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 16:48:16
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 17:05 Sat 15 Nov , Markus Ullmann wrote:
3 > > Nevertheless to allow council to do good work, I'm stepping back as part
4 > > of the council. I'm feeling sorry that this step is needed, really. So
5 > > keep up the good work...
6 >
7 > Since Cardoe was the last person from the council vote with a
8 > distribution that's anywhere between "more positive than negative" and
9
10 If we use this as a criteria for example amne wouldn't have been a
11 member of the 2007 council - also it would be discuss-worthy if Cardoe
12 and myself are eligible members for the 2008 council using that
13 criteria ... I think that criteria simply doesn't work.
14
15 > "even", I suggest that we leave the remaining spot open rather than
16 > filling it with someone who the majority of developers ranked in the
17 > bottom half of candidates.
18
19 In any case leaving the spot open is not an option for me either, if we
20 have 3 votes for $something and 3 votes against $something - what to do
21 then? It makes much sense to have an odd number of council members.
22
23 I therefore suggest to follow the process being used in the past -
24 taking a look at the next one in the election ranking and if a majority
25 of council member think this one doesn't fit into the current council
26 get developers to vote on a replacement for Jokey.
27
28 Tobias
31 Gentoo Linux - Die Metadistribution
32 http://www.mitp.de/5941