From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:30:57
1 On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 22:45:48 -0500
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > And the resolution for that was to make it possible to disable
4 > > kdebuild-1.
5 >
6 > you were told multiple times that it doesnt belong in the master
7 > branch and that it should be deleted. if you actually wanted to
8 > retain it, you could easily create a kdebuild-1 branch.
9
10 Uh. No. As per the Council's request, we turned off kdebuild-1 for the
11 approved generated versions of the spec, and we made it possible to show
12 kdebuild-1-specific things in a different colour.
13
14 22:22 < dberkholz@> ciaranm: you've got your answer. gotta keep the
15 conditionals, it seems
16
17 > > That is not the same as deleting it while there are still
18 > > users who have kdebuild-1 packages installed.
19 >
20 > the only people who have such packages installed were using an
21 > unapproved spec with unofficial package managers. as such, it is
22 > their problem to continue to support the crap and this argument is
23 > bunk.
24
25 So you're telling users who did what the Gentoo KDE project told them
26 to do that you don't care about them enough to handle the removal in a
27 carefully controlled manner?
30 Ciaran McCreesh