From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o, council@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: Meeting chair
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:03:40
> On 16.07.2011 11:14, Markos Chandras wrote: >> I asked yesterday but I think I never got a reply. Which is the best way >> to discuss such things? Is it ML or alias? Is there a rule on "which" >> topics go public on ML and which stay private on alias?
> In the past the alias has been used for purely administrative stuff > like this and actual content items on public ml (for example > gentoo-project) so that developers/users can express their opinion. > Like with gentoo-core I think we should avoid discussing technical > issues etc. in private.
Right, the default should be to discuss things in public. There used to be the gentoo-council list for this, but now I'm being told that it shouldn't be used, but discussions should go to gentoo-project instead. IMHO this doesn't make much sense, as gentoo-project traditionally was used for non-technical matters (in fact, its description still says so). Looking into the archives, most topics on that list aren't related to the council. I would much prefer if we had a dedicated mailing list for actual council work, like discussion of our agenda items. A dedicated council list would also make it easier to find previous discussions. So, can we please reconsider that previous council's decision? Please put this point on the agenda of the next meeting. Ulrich

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Re: Meeting chair solar <solar@g.o>