From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o, council@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: Meeting chair
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:03:40
1 >>>>> On Sat, 16 Jul 2011, Petteri Räty wrote:
2
3 > On 16.07.2011 11:14, Markos Chandras wrote:
4 >> I asked yesterday but I think I never got a reply. Which is the best way
5 >> to discuss such things? Is it ML or alias? Is there a rule on "which"
6 >> topics go public on ML and which stay private on alias?
7
8 > In the past the alias has been used for purely administrative stuff
9 > like this and actual content items on public ml (for example
10 > gentoo-project) so that developers/users can express their opinion.
11 > Like with gentoo-core I think we should avoid discussing technical
12 > issues etc. in private.
13
14 Right, the default should be to discuss things in public. There used
15 to be the gentoo-council list for this, but now I'm being told that it
16 shouldn't be used, but discussions should go to gentoo-project
17 instead.
18
19 IMHO this doesn't make much sense, as gentoo-project traditionally was
20 used for non-technical matters (in fact, its description still says
21 so). Looking into the archives, most topics on that list aren't
22 related to the council. I would much prefer if we had a dedicated
23 mailing list for actual council work, like discussion of our agenda
24 items. A dedicated council list would also make it easier to find
25 previous discussions.
26
27 So, can we please reconsider that previous council's decision? Please
28 put this point on the agenda of the next meeting.
29
30 Ulrich