From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Secretary & President
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:34:57
Am Freitag, den 06.02.2009, 14:12 -0800 schrieb Donnie Berkholz:
> On 10:26 Fri 06 Feb , Tiziano Müller wrote: > > While dberkholz does a great job of putting together an agenda, > > organizing the meeting and even putting together a summary afterwards, > > it seems that he's quiet busy lately (hence the missing logs/summary of > > the last two meetings). > > For my understanding this is too much of a burden for one person and I'd > > propose that we have a changing President/Chairman (who'll prepare the > > agenda) and a changing Secretary (who'll upload the logs and do the > > summary). With the current ~100 meetings a year everyone of us would > > have to do the summary and the agenda 14-15 times a year. > > To provide some context, I basically began doing these two roles by > default when I was first elected to the council, since nobody else was > particularly interested. > > I agree that splitting president and secretary into separate roles is a > great idea. I feel strongly that rotating these positions often will > result in both roles being ineffective, because it takes time to get > even decent at either of them. Does anyone want to return to the 4-hour > meetings we used to have?
Can you maybe outline the tasks the Secretary has to do besides uploading the log and generate a summary and where it gets complicated? Because I currently can't immagine where these tasks need much of a training. But we can also decide that everyone does it four times in a row to make sure people don't take it in stride. -- ------------------------------------------------------- Tiziano Müller Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member Areas of responsibility: Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin E-Mail : dev-zero@g.o GnuPG FP : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5 4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Secretary & President Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>