From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:30:27
Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> ...and there weren't any legitimate technical objections.
Beside "it doesn't solve anything". A perfect solution for non existent problems isn't a viable solution.
>> If you and think that EAPI is meta-information then it should not be >> inside file name and then it's possible to parse ebuild and get EAPI >> from some defined-format line. Performance penalties can be mitigated >> by some new caching (you know better than me that it's good idea to >> re-implement caching in any case). > > The only thing that can parse ebuilds is bash,
> Because all the alternatives are worse,
Disputed and disputable.
> and none of the objections to the extension have been technical in > nature.
Yet most people do not care.
> They've all been "we don't want you to apply anti-mould paint to the > rotting bikeshed because it's only available in brown".
And smells bad. You can also replace it when/if is rotting. lu -- Luca Barbato Gentoo Council Member Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>