From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Voting by mail
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 03:02:30
(We have informally discussed this on the alias but I would like us to
have a more serious and open discussion about it. It looks like the
agenda for the next meeting isn't going to be as loaded as usual so
it's a good opportunity. I'm posting this in advance of the meeting
announcement so that I can link to here from it.)

In a few words here is the problem. Is it a good idea to allow council
members to vote by email when they're not able to make it to the
meeting? If so how? Should that be done before or allowed to be done
after the meeting? Do we want to limit the number of members voting by
email for a given meeting? What do we do in case there are more votes
by email than the limit we set? Feel free to add more questions and
your opinion. This discussion isn't limited to council members by the

As usual I'll wait a bit before giving my personal opinion so that
nobody thinks I'm pushing a personal agenda.