From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: Stepping back from council duties
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:18:16
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:38:17 +0100
3 > Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o> wrote:
4 > > > The Debian nobody is called "reopen nominations".
5 > >
6 > > Well, they elect 1 person, we elect 7 - with a nobody called "reopen
7 > > nominations" it's compared to Debian more likely that we would run
8 > > into a neverending election process ...
9 >
10 > You really think developer confidence in other developers is so low
11 > that RON is going to end up high enough to screw things up?
12
13 No, it's a matter of feasibility. It *could* happen - and that's
14 something that needs to be thought of to make sure to avoid being stuck
15 in such a process.
16
17 Tobias