From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:37:45
1 On 17:21 Thu 12 Feb , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > The problem is, without GLEP 55, EAPI isn't known before the ebuild is
3 > sourced to generate metadata. If someone uses += anywhere that older
4 > bash looks when sourcing for metadata generation (which is not just
5 > global scope)
6
7 Where else does it look?
8
9 > the package manager won't know that the EAPI says that bash-3.1 is
10 > required for sourcing until after it's already done the sourcing, by
11 > which point it's too late.
12
13 OK. What could we do about this? GLEP 55 was one suggestion.
16 I'm seeing a lot of people shooting down suggestions, and not many
17 people presenting good, workable solutions. Could we get some more of
18 those on the table?
19
20 Here's basically what I've seen:
21
22 - GLEP 55 will solve all the world's problems
23 - Change PMS to bash 3.1, and go with the "wait a while" that we'd
24 previously done
27 Thanks,
28 Donnie
29