From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:37:45
On 17:21 Thu 12 Feb     , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> The problem is, without GLEP 55, EAPI isn't known before the ebuild is > sourced to generate metadata. If someone uses += anywhere that older > bash looks when sourcing for metadata generation (which is not just > global scope)
Where else does it look?
> the package manager won't know that the EAPI says that bash-3.1 is > required for sourcing until after it's already done the sourcing, by > which point it's too late.
OK. What could we do about this? GLEP 55 was one suggestion. I'm seeing a lot of people shooting down suggestions, and not many people presenting good, workable solutions. Could we get some more of those on the table? Here's basically what I've seen: - GLEP 55 will solve all the world's problems - Change PMS to bash 3.1, and go with the "wait a while" that we'd previously done -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Developer, Gentoo Linux Blog:

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>