From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:51:00
On 07:53 Thu 12 Feb     , Tiziano Müller wrote:
> That's true. But just deciding that we need people to discuss it and > then not fostering that discussion ourselves actively is not > acceptable. Once we get the task to take care of a matter we have to > take care of it until it's done completely. This involves bringing the > subject up on the mailinglist (and not just publish the summary and > wait for people to read through it and then start a discussion > depending on what they may find in the summary), get the information > we need to be able to decide somewhere else, etc. > > Why don't we assign each task to one of us council members to do that, > so we get for every task someone who's taking care of it, making sure > it gets on the agenda again, maybe even preparing a summary of the > matter for the rest of the council (in complicated cases), posting on > the mailing-list, commenting on the corresponding bug, etc.? I guess > that's what Ciaran meant in the "Secretary"-Thread.
I agree that it's a great idea to assign someone responsibility for following up, and I think that the person who brings up the topic is best qualified and motivated to do so. I don't see any reason to require it to be a council member. -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Developer, Gentoo Linux Blog:

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>