From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Cc: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-council] Agenda (draft) for November meeting 2009-11-09
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:03:32
1 Find below a proposed agenda for our next meeting.
2
3 I'll post it to gentoo-council and gentoo-dev-announce this Friday,
4 unless there are objections.
5
6 Ulrich
9 1. Intro (10 minutes, including late arrivals)
10 1.1. Make sure that at least a couple people are logging the meeting.
11 1.2. Roll call.
12 1.3. Any volunteers to chair this meeting?
13
14 2. Approve summary of October meeting (5 minutes)
15 (in case it will be ready then)
16
17 3. Follow-ups from previous meeting (15 minutes)
18 3.1. EAPI 3 status (zmedico, ulm)
19 3.2. Upgrade path for old systems (leio, solar)
20 Should important system packages (e.g. Python) be reverted to
21 EAPI 0, in order to provide a defined upgrade path?
22
23 4. Prefix support in main Portage tree (grobian) (20 minutes)
24 Fabian Groffen proposes that package managers should define the
25 EPREFIX, EROOT, and ED variables (see [1] and replies).
26 4.1. Does the council generally support this idea?
27 4.2. Can it still be included in EAPI 3, or even in a fast EAPI 2.1?
28
29 5. AOB / open floor (10 minutes)
30
31 [1] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_2a62689c71f95e4de5699a330b8b5524.xml