From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>, gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Secretary & President
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:34:50
On 10:20 Sat 07 Feb     , Roy Bamford wrote:
> There is no need for the secretary to be a member of the council as > long as the person in that role takes no part in the councils decision > making process. > > The council could recruit a secretary from outside of themselves, or > even outside of gentoo. An external recruit would need to become a > gentoo staff member to be really useful, so they could have commit > access to coucil web space. > > The Foundation has seen all that happen.
This option works for me. In fact it's probably better that a person is relatively less involved, since they'd hopefully be able to write a bit more objectively. Also council members aren't distracted during the meeting with taking notes. -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Developer, Gentoo Linux Blog:

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Secretary & President Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>