From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:11:42
> on/after the last council meeting the biggest problem with g54 > seemed to be whether to use scm or live suffix. I would like to do a > small poll here among council members so that I can edit the glep > accordingly. So, could you please state whether you prefer scm or > live?
I prefer "_live" for various reasons: - Almost everybody calls them "live ebuilds" not "scm ebuilds" - There may be live ebuilds not related to source code management (app-portage/eclass-manpages might be an example), and ebuilds fetching their sources from a fixed tag in an SCM system, therefore not being live. - No confusion with the Scheme language. Ulrich

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm? Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm? Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>