From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Website changes [WAS] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:51:59
1 Am Dienstag, den 10.02.2009, 15:11 -0800 schrieb Donnie Berkholz:
2 > On 09:12 Tue 10 Feb , Tiziano Müller wrote:
3 > > - Homepage: any news on reorganizing the index?
4 >
5 > Well, we just reorganized it a couple of weeks ago. Have you checked it
6 > lately?
7 Yes I've checked it and I like it.
8
9 > Or were you looking for a complete redesign when you said this?
10 Yes, there were some plans sometime and as far as I remember there was
11 also a competition for the design. Or am I wrong?
14 > > Can the council push this by trying to delegate the task to someone?
15 >
16 > Matthew Summers (quantumsummers) has been experimenting with a
17 > django-based version. I haven't kept close tabs on what he's up to.
18 >
19 > This is too large a chunk of work to simply delegate to someone and tell
20 > them to do it. You have to have people who are both enthusiastic and
21 > knowledgeable with time to work on it.
22 Well, let's see what comes out of "beacon", that would be a good start
23 to have a simpler editing tool.
28 Tiziano Müller
29 Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member
30 Areas of responsibility:
31 Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin
32 E-Mail : dev-zero@g.o
33 GnuPG FP : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5 4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30