From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Initial Meeting Summary for Yesterday's meeting.
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:30:06
1 On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 06:42:03PM +0300, Petteri R??ty wrote:
2 > Thomas Anderson wrote:
3 >
4 > > The council voted to reinstate Ciaran's editbugs privileges over the
5 > > strong protests of Ned Ludd(solar) who said it would destroy
6 > > timestamp information for detecting who removed his privileges in
7 > > the first place and was against established infra process.
8 >
9 > It's worth noting that solar only pointed out the timestamp issue after
10 > it was done not before announcing the intention to do so. Granted we
11 > could have acked with less speed but I didn't see any reason to spend
12 > more time on the issue. For my part Ciaramn could have the privs back
13 > and if infra wanted to do further research I had no problem with that.
14
15 That's quite tough to put in a summary to be honest, when there are all sorts of
16 opinions on a decision. I tried to keep a balance between all the parties in the
17 new version, which is attached.
18
19 > Regards,
20 > Petteri
23 Thanks for the comments guys.
28 Thomas Anderson
29 Gentoo Developer
31 Areas of responsibility:
32 AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council

councilsummary-20090611.txt text/plain