From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Council log and summary for meeting on 02/12/09
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:27:36
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:20:34 +0100
Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
> Live template provide correct ordering since generates ebuilds with a > proper version.
*sigh* Please stop pushing your epic fail of a non-solution until you understand the issue at hand. There is no way of using conventional version rules to accurately represent scm versions across multiple version-branches. _pre does not order correctly, since you don't know what the next release will be, and it collides with upstream release names. We have been over this before. -- Ciaran McCreesh