From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>, gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Secretary & President
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:20:43
1 On 23:34 Tue 10 Feb , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 10:20 Sat 07 Feb , Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > > There is no need for the secretary to be a member of the council as
4 > > long as the person in that role takes no part in the councils decision
5 > > making process.
6 > >
7 > > The council could recruit a secretary from outside of themselves, or
8 > > even outside of gentoo. An external recruit would need to become a
9 > > gentoo staff member to be really useful, so they could have commit
10 > > access to coucil web space.
11 > >
12 > > The Foundation has seen all that happen.
13 >
14 > This option works for me. In fact it's probably better that a person is
15 > relatively less involved, since they'd hopefully be able to write a bit
16 > more objectively. Also council members aren't distracted during the
17 > meeting with taking notes.
18
19 I've invited tanderson to come to today's meeting. I would like to cover
20 this topic first so that we can figure out who's taking notes for the
21 remainder of the meeting.
22
23 At least initially, I would like to require a council review period
24 (let's say 1 day after it's sent) before summaries go out.
27 Thanks,
28 Donnie
29
30 Donnie Berkholz