From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] How to handle appeals
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:50:50
Here's an idea for how the appeals should happen. Thanks to Chrissy for
her contribution to this.

I think that doing this via email will promote ongoing and deeper
thought more than trying to do this in a time-pressured manner where
we'll probably be getting hassled by everyone appealing in addition to
numerous other "concerned people." Since it is a personnel matter, I
think it should be private deliberation in the same way devrel would do
it or the US supreme court would (since we always like the analogies

What we should do is have each retired dev appeal to council@g.o with a
single email that describes their reasoning, with the results of the
appeals announced during a council meeting.

Since we'll have a new council in a couple of weeks, I don't want to
decide on this with the potential of having the decision reversed
shortly one way or the other. I think that would make both old and new
councils look bad.

Therefore, the people appealing could begin preparing their appeals now,
with submission to the new council as soon as they're elected (July 2?).
The new council could have a bit over one week to decide and then would
announce the results at the July 10 meeting.