From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] CoC enforcement proposal
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:18:40
1 On 19:50 Thu 08 Nov , Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > I think things have cooled down since that time, but during the weeks
3 > the proctors actually were in effect some people were warned to behave
4 > nicely (btw, this is something that i think should also be done in the
5 > new approach before doing nastier stuff).
6
7 I agree that we shouldn't take drastic actions immediately. I do not
8 consider a 6-12 hour silencing in one forum to be drastic, and I think
9 actions speak louder than words.
10
11 One place I want to stay far away from is getting into an argument with
12 the person against whom action was taken.
13
14 > I'm not sure if they would have been approved within the 12 hour
15 > timeframe. Even if it (hopefully) doesn't happen often, i guess
16 > depending on who the lead is and how regulary he/she checks in, the
17 > time limit may pass. Hence i suggested doing something else
18 > (e.g. sending it to a list for peer review (e.g. other members of the
19 > team and council)).
20
21 Sure, it could. That's why there's a backup of (any) two council
22 members.
23
24 Thanks for your input!
25