From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 06:25:57
1 On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Ned Ludd<solar@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 12:24 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >> Petteri Räty wrote:
4 >> > What I propose:
5 >> > 1. Use gentoo-dev for technical council related matters
6 >> > 2. Use gentoo-project for non technical council related matters
7 >> > 3. Use gentoo-dev-announce to start threads if deemed necessary but
8 >> > moderators should be alert in order to not have too much of these
9 >> > through -dev-announce.
10 >>
11 >> I'd keep the council ml, I agree that there is some overlap, but
12 >> -project and -dev have a broader scope and much higher noise/signal ratio.
13 >
14 > I tend to agree with this also.
15 >
16 > The -council mailing list is one I'd like to see used for it's official
17 > matters. If not simply for logs and historical tracking.
18
19 Although I think the gentoo-council mailing list makes sense, I don't
20 really mind where we post our ideas and discuss them. As long as we
21 agree and do discuss them.
22
23 What I care a lot about is that we only have one list. Not everything
24 will be purely technical or non-technical. Where do we draw the line?
25 In case of ambiguous topic most will just post at random, others will
26 tend to always post on the same list, and in the end we'll have to
27 read 2 lists to make sure we catch all what would have interested us
28 on only one of them. Not counting those who really don't care about
29 the council and will complain about our gibberish. So why bother?
30
31 So, whichever list it is I don't mind, but please make a decision
32 because I have stuff to push there.
33
34 Denis.