From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:45:04
1 Am Dienstag, den 10.02.2009, 13:25 -0800 schrieb Donnie Berkholz:
2 > On 09:12 Tue 10 Feb , Tiziano Müller wrote:
3 > > Things I'd like to see being discussed are:
4 > >
5 > Thanks for putting this list together, Tiziano, and I think it serves as
6 > a great reminder of things to renew discussion about on the existing
7 > threads if they aren't resolved.
8 >
9 > I want to stress again the importance of discussing topics on the
10 > mailing lists before the meetings. Many of these things will take some
11 > thinking and some research, and it's not ideal to use our meeting time
12 > on things that could easily be done in advance.
13
14 That's true. But just deciding that we need people to discuss it and
15 then not fostering that discussion ourselves actively is not acceptable.
16 Once we get the task to take care of a matter we have to take care of it
17 until it's done completely. This involves bringing the subject up on the
18 mailinglist (and not just publish the summary and wait for people to
19 read through it and then start a discussion depending on what they may
20 find in the summary), get the information we need to be able to decide
21 somewhere else, etc.
22 Why don't we assign each task to one of us council members to do that,
23 so we get for every task someone who's taking care of it, making sure it
24 gets on the agenda again, maybe even preparing a summary of the matter
25 for the rest of the council (in complicated cases), posting on the
26 mailing-list, commenting on the corresponding bug, etc.?
27 I guess that's what Ciaran meant in the "Secretary"-Thread.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Tiziano
35 Tiziano Müller
36 Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member
37 Areas of responsibility:
38 Samba, PostgreSQL, CPP, Python, sysadmin
39 E-Mail : dev-zero@g.o
40 GnuPG FP : F327 283A E769 2E36 18D5 4DE2 1B05 6A63 AE9C 1E30