From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-council@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:09:50
On 04:11 Wed 11 Jun     , Brian Harring wrote:
> Reiterating the early request, I'd like the council to please discuss > the current status of PMS,
People actually working on the PMS would be better-placed to discuss its current status, if by that you mean progress toward an approved spec. The last I heard was a couple months ago when Ciaran asked us whether there were any further major issues and removed kdebuild-1 from the PDF to be approved.
> if the running of it satisfys the councils requirements of a *neutral* > standard, if the proposed spec actually meets said standards,
Anyone working on a package manager (and anyone else suitably knowledgeable) should be able to get commit access to it. The only person "running" it is doing so by virtue of making the most commits.
> and if said spec is actually going to be approved sometimes this side > of '09.
This is basically the same as the first question from my ability to answer it.
> Effectively, we've watched it essentially progress into a standard > that effectively only the paludis folk are adherent to (if in doubt, > ask portage folk, my sending this mail is indicative of the pkgcore > standpoint)- it's about time the council comment upon it in light of > the general view.
I'd like to know what's holding you back from contributing to it, instead of telling us that someone else is doing things you don't like. Is there some kind of technical barrier (like the TeX)? Or what? Are you filing bugs against the parts you don't like? What's happening to them? Thanks, Donnie -- gentoo-council@l.g.o mailing list