From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>, gentoo-council <gentoo-council@l.g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council nominations are now closed
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:34:10
1 On 10:02 Sat 29 Nov , Mauricio Lima Pilla wrote:
2 > What are the nominees intending to do if they are elected? I miss the
3 > manifests.
4
5 To those of you telling us to look at what you do now, what you're
6 saying is that you're good in your current role. That doesn't support
7 why you would be good in a different role as a council member.
8
9 In other words, writing good code doesn't make you good at everything in
10 Gentoo. It doesn't mean you would make a good docs writer, a good devrel
11 member, a good trustee, or a good council member. They all involve
12 different activities or different levels of thought.
13
14 All I'd like to hear is the same thing I'd want from a job candidate --
15 what makes you uniquely qualified? We have plenty of technically good
16 developers running, so that doesn't exactly differentiate you.
17
18 What is your vision for what the council should do? How about what
19 Gentoo should do? How would you make it happen?
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24
25 Donnie Berkholz