From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54/55 updates [WAS] Council Meeting summary for 26 February 2009
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 10:17:57
1 On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 > What is the status of both of these? If they aren't done yet, why not,
3 > what needs to happen, and who needs to do it?
4 >
5 > Furthermore, why do I need to prod people for an update? When you commit
6 > to a date, you should be minimally sending out *something* on that date
7 > to let us know what is blocking progress. I don't enjoy acting like a
8 > mother hen, and I can't imagine it's terribly fun from the other end
9 > either.
12 More interesting is the paradox that people will discuss a topic to
13 death on the mailing lists, but when the time comes for some concrete
14 action, suddenly there's silence. It's almost as if opinions are free,
15 but progress isn't.
16
17 I'm not pointing fingers at *anyone*. Nor am I saying people quoted by
18 Donnie do this. Hell, even reindeer know *I'm* inflicted with the same
19 disease.
20
21 But guys, just an email saying "Okay folks, this will take longer,
22 because $REASON will update next week again" or "$SHORT_PROGRESS, will
23 report in detail in the next few days" would be good enough! Don't
24 keep everyone guessing :p
25
26 I would like to request communication please. Even if it's "Hey guys,
27 I'm alive, and working on it", it helps to keep things churning and
28 people working together.
31 ~Nirbheek Chauhan