From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] GLEP 54: _live or _scm?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 14:34:32
2009/6/4 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote: >> On Wednesday 03 June 2009 16:02:10 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote: >>> on/after the last council meeting the biggest problem with g54 seemed >>> to be whether to use scm or live suffix. I would like to do a small >>> poll here among council members so that I can edit the glep >>> accordingly. So, could you please state whether you prefer scm or >>> live? >> >> i prefer "scm", but "live" does make more sense like Ulrich points out >> -mike >> > > I agree with Mike here. I personally like "scm" better but Ulrich does > bring good points why "live" would be better.
Are you voting for live then?
> But honestly folks, this isn't a technical item. It's a frivolous > pretty item. If this is really the cause for some people's objections, > then you really do not belong on the council because you're not > dealing with TECHNICAL issues.
I decided to ask the council because I can easily count votes here and assume it's a more-or-less accurate representation of the community and choose the more popular option. All this started with some devs asking me why scm was chosen instead of live and me wanting to avoid this GLEP being rejected/hated for such a trivial matter. -- Best Regards, Piotr Jaroszyński