From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: mtime preservation
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 06:19:00
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Wed, 04 Nov 2009, Zac Medico wrote:
3 >
4 >> Ah, I guess you're right. The documentation led me to believe that
5 >> os.utime would provide nanosecond-resolution on platforms that
6 >> support it, but a simple test case seems to indicate that it does not.
7 >
8 > Is there an os.utimes in Python? utime(2) is marked as obsolete in
9 > POSIX.1-2008 (says the man page).
10
11 There is no separate os.utimes function, but it looks like the patch
12 on this bug might make os.utime behave as desired:
13
14 http://bugs.python.org/issue3425
15 --
16 Thanks,