From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:01:09
1 >>>>> On Sun, 31 May 2009, Thomas Anderson wrote:
2
3 > - Filling the empty council seat.
4 > [...]
5 > Unanimously voted to fill the seat. Ulrich Mueller will fill Donnie
6 > Berkholz's seat for the rest of the current term.
7
8 Just a minor point, is it technically possible to write my last name
9 with u-umlaut, or must the summary be encoded in ASCII?
10
11 > - Removal of Old Eclasses.
12 > [...]
13 > The council voted that to remove eclasses devs should take the
14 > following steps:
15 > 1) Deprecate eclasses(warning)
16
17 I cannot find anything about a mandatory warning mentioned in the log.
18 (And it would mean that eclasses like kde-i18n.eclass wouldn't qualify
19 for removal, in spite of its deprecation in 2003.)
20
21 > 2) Removal of all functionality relating to installing
22 > 3) After two years the eclass may be removed.
23
24 > - Handling EAPI Versioning in a forwards-compatible way.
25 > [...]
26 > The council voted on whether they recognized the problem that GLEP
27 > 55 is attempting to solve is real. The vote was unanimous in recognition
28 > of the problem.
29
30 There where some abstentions, does the meaning of "unanimous" cover
31 this?
32
33 Otherwise, the summary looks good to me.
34
35 Ulrich