From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:28:34
On 16:12 Thu 12 Feb     , Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> I suggest a preliminary agenda gets sent out a week before the > meeting. Afterwards, Council members make sure they've read up on > everything, asked all their questions and posted initial opinions at > least three days in advance. Then, assuming satisfactory answers to > all of the above, a decision can be reached in the meeting with little > discussion -- and going over one hour shall not put a stop to it. > > To make sure this happens, I suggest that any Council member who does > not post their preliminary opinion (which can include a list of > questions that they consider unaddressed, and which can change as new > information becomes available) at least two days before the meeting is > counted as not being at the meeting for slacker purposes.
I like pretty much all of this. My only problem continues to be meeting length. The current meeting time falls in the middle of the workday in the US, so long meetings aren't an option for at least Mark and me. I think Mark intends to send out a rescheduling note soon to see if we can fix that, but our evenings are horrible for the Europeans, etc. That's just another reason why I'd like to push things onto the lists to the point where we could even drop live meetings entirely and simply have deadlines instead. It sometimes seems like the main purpose of meetings is to allow people to bring up last-minute objections. -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Developer, Gentoo Linux Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com