From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: Bans in #-council [WAS] Council meeting summary for meeting on June 11, 2009
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 04:35:44
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Donnie Berkholz<dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
> On 12:06 Wed 17 Jun     , Thomas Anderson wrote: >> The ban was later reversed by Doug Goldstein(Cardoe) because it had >> not been put to a council vote as all bans in #-council are. > > Since when? I've never heard of this. I've banned people in there with a > note to other council members (for the simple sake of good > communication) and no vote ever happened except by lack of objection. > > -- > Thanks, > Donnie > > Donnie Berkholz > Developer, Gentoo Linux > Blog: >
Donnie, In the past you've e-mailed all of us and told us about the situation and the rest of us agreed with your action. In this case, there was no e-mail and more then half of the council members didn't see justification for the ban based on the conversation at hand. While some of the comments at hand were snide, a lot of the confusion was as a result of the language barrier. I know the language barrier has caused a problem for some of us one time or another. In fact, dev-zero and I have had our share of disagreements as a result of the language barrier. At the same time, dev-zero and I have worked together on quite a few projects and had positive experiences together. We decided in the meeting to let emotions cool and toss it to e-mail. If anyone wanted to see igli banned, to send an e-mail to all the council members (it didn't even have to be on the ML) and we'd go from there. To date, no such e-mail has come. The only e-mails are just throwing fuel on a fire which no longer exists. -- Doug Goldstein