From: "roger@××××××.com" <roger@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-cygwin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cygwin] interest in gentoo-cygwin
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:54:16
On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 19:48 +0930, Trevor Forbes wrote:

> I can never get emerge-webrsync to work for some reason???? > > Trevor
Some hints are: 1) Turn on verbose reporting for the bash shell. ie. $ bash -o xtrace emerge-websync 2) If emerge-websync is a script, find where the options are embedded with the wget command and edit those to include the wget verbose options "ie. wget -v" 3) Last but not least, utilize strace and gdb. But since I think you're working with a perl/bash script, the first two options should surfice. I have cygwin installed here, but I *rarely* use winxp anymore as cygwin is heading towards just being linux on a fat filesystem! Since I have no windows buddies, no need for it. ... 'cept when i go home to my parents and I need to utilize ssh, etc. I can do *some* debugging here, but not much. -- Roger Key fingerprint = 8977 A252 2623 F567 70CD 1261 640F C963 1005 1D61 Fri Jan 13 10:45:14 PST 2006 -- gentoo-cygwin@g.o mailing list