From: Trevor Forbes <t4bs@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-cygwin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cygwin] interest in gentoo-cygwin
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:51:06
1 Patrick Lauer wrote:
2
3 >The problem here is that Cygwin is incapable of parsing all filenames that
4 >are valid in Linux. RSYNC_EXCLUDE is the "easy" way out. Restricting filenames
5 >would work too.
6 >
7 >The only ebuild I can remember that had this problem was a CFEngine
8 >module
9 >- maybe this is no longer a problem?
10 >
11 >For patched ebuilds I'd prefer a cygwin-only repo until basic stuff
12 >works,
13 >no need to stuff another broken arch into the tree. Especially the
14 >insane
15 >gcc patches and the "new" libc should be kept away from the rest.
16 >
17 >wkr,
18 >Patrick
22 The easy way out is to use a managed mount, just a simple mount for
23 /usr/portage. However, so far I have not seen the ":" problem. I grep-ed
24 portage for illegal characters and could not find any, so as Patrick
25 said it, it may be a non issue now..
26
27 The main problem seems to be that rsync is broken, which other users
28 have reported to the Cygwin email list.
29
30 Patrick, who is in charge here. I want to start making changes, and need
31 advice as the the bests way to approach it.
34 Trevor
37 gentoo-cygwin@g.o mailing list