From: Jason Alonso <jbalonso@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cygwin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cygwin] The Portage Strikes Back
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:36:50
Hello all,

Pursuant to an e-mail exchange I've had (and arguably still in
progress) with bosaikitten, I'm posting a working portage 2.0.54
patched for Cygwin to this mailing list.

Downloads, docs (*cough* [no really, I coughed]... a couple READMEs),
and overlays are available here:

I am not in the best of health atm (a temporary matter--I told you I
coughed), but I wanted to get this thing rolling where other people
can start looking/working at it.  As a consequence, most of my
language is rushed, resulting in possibly politically dangerous
elisions.  Therefore, I must rely on others to fill in the gaps in my
explanations until I can recuperate.

Jason Alonso

p.s. I plan to poke the Cygwin package maintainers with a similar
message shortly.