From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Report of the desktop-research meeting.
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:24:03
> On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 09:54, Paul de Vrieze wrote: > >> The report of yesterday's desktop-research meeting can be found at: >> > > It lacks any rationale or even if what i proposed got discussed, which i > think is of more immediate importance than any of both currently started > subprojects. An IRC log would be helpful or even better a short summary. > > In the subprojects themselves i lack both rationale and any serious > details of how this is going to be planned. To be honest the 'graphical > installer' is proposed and started seven times seven times by now > without any significant results. And i doubt it falls under the category > 'desktop project', it's much broader and has actually little to do with > working on a desktop. On a minor note, the lead is not even member of > the research project (or not so on the project page) and that seems like > a logical requirement to me. Is it even a good idea to have a DTL lead > also lead a research project? DTL leads should be validating their > personally lead projects in the end, that's not a good thing per se. > Just member would probably be better.
I didn't particularly want to lead the installer project, I was picking up the slack until someone else was interested in leading it because nobody stepped forward. Brandon asked to stress it at the meeting because he couldn't be there, I did, and I got given the responsibility. If the rest of the research people also feel that your proposal is more important to pursue right now and should be the second project instead of the installer, I have no problem with that. Donnie -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list