From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Cc: seemant@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Report of the desktop-research meeting.
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:21:34
1 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o> said:
2
3 > You know, I have an idea (which isn't mine originally -- the originator
4 > was the ex-dev ska-fan about 18 months ago, and more recently others
5 > have mentioned it to me). I think it would be nicer instead of focusing
6 > on installer, but rather on the desktop experience. One way would be to
7 > have config tools based on dams' libconf, and the other way would be to
8 > have UTF-8 default. I think Spider should chime in on this.
9
10 you are probably right on the installer part : it's maybe too big for the
11 -research to develop it. But I think it's still a good thinkg to talk about it,
12 with logs, meeting reports and so on. It might be good to have at least
13 organized and written notes on the subject, even if we don't bring anything
14 new. Installer development should not be held by the -research imo, but
15 Installer research can be :)
16
17 We can discuss the various scenario possible, list them, and see if they are
18 really doable, realistic, which one is the easiest, or more powerfull, or more
19 flexible, or more gentoo way. (sorry for my bad english, it's the morning here:)
20
21 The config tools discussion and development will be initiated here. We can end
22 up with a prototype, and development team(s), schedule, and specifications.
26 dams
29 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list