From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo installer project
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:07:37
1 On Monday 26 January 2004 15:16, Eric Sammer wrote:
2 > I suppose things such as certain wireless card modules and the like have
3 > to be built again the *booted* kernel - that's the kind of situation
4 > were things can / should be done in post flight. I'm starting to think
5 > that the post flight operations such as additional package installation
6 > (say postfix, apache, postgres, etc.) and configuration file
7 > distribution should be done post reboot. Or maybe there's a post flight
8 > for pre reboot and post - I don't know. These are excellent questions.
9
10 In a testing chroot one can assume these to just work. Maybe a flag to the
11 configuration program could be used (or something similar)
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze
17 Gentoo Developer