From: "Gerald J. Normandin Jr." <gerrynjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] IMPORTANT definitions draft
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:25:15
1 Below you will find my fixes/spelling corrections
2
3 On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 07:53, dams@×××.fr wrote:
4 > yo, this is a first attempt to write definitions and rules. Please correct my
5 > bad english, bring new ideas, precisions, and critics :) Thanks
6 >
7 > * Problem that might be handled by desktop-research
8 > [anybody has a better title?]
11 > An issue is related to the desktop if it is : client
12 > side or end-user oriented workstation use. Basically, that's everything UI
13 > oriented, plus hardware management, installation problems as well as simple system
14 > management. Basically, if it is client side and doesn't use servers, it it our responsibility.
15
16 > Examples:
17 > setting up internet/lan connection is desktop, but setting up a ftp server is not.
18 > setting up sound card, graphic card is desktop, setting hardware RAID is not *I would say this is a desktop issue,
19 > as it is very common nowadays, Linux software raid really isn't that difficult to set up* (well
20 > actually it's becoming pretty widely used, so it might become shortly)
23 > * Problem resolution
24 >
25 > - throw a description here, verify validity
26 > - preliminary discussion here
27 > - add a new task : at least some time to research further (with a milestone),
28 > and some time to find a solution (with milestone).
29 > - assign people to the task, set up deadlines
30 > - the proposal should end up in a GLEP
31 >
32 > ok this whole thing is not good enough, we need to make it better
33
34 My enhancement will come at a later point, I have much schoolwork to do.
35 --
36 GnuGP key id# C1DBDF81 available from http://pgp.mit.edu
37 Key Fingerprint = 2215 37C2 30EB B42D CC60 972E FC3C 749E C1DB DF81