From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop-research] desktop problems
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:46:33
1 Here is a repetition of what could describe a desktop problem that fall into
2 our field of research. What do you think?
5 For me, a desktop problem is not always a problem wich involve window
6 managers, or graphical interface.
7
8 I would tend to say that desktop means workstation for private use, client
9 side. That is, everything UI oriented. That includes windows manager, but also
10 config programs, installation problems, software installations, and simple
11 (client-side personal use) system managment. By client side I mean everything
12 that does not use servers. So setting internet/lan connection is desktop, but
13 setting a ftp server is not.
14
15 In addition, bringing hardware to work for home user is also part of the
16 job.
19 dams
22 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list