From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo-desktop howto fix-up
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:31:50
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 11:14, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> In the xfree part there is a note about refresh rates. However with most > modern displays, videocards and a modern xfree it X can actually use DDC to > figure out refresh rates, modes etc. Saving a lot of problems, making things > "just work". Maybe a note could be added to that respect.
I would even take it a step further and scrap the refresh rate mumbo jumbo. We have Xrandr and related tools now, X configuration should be kept to a basic guide to get it running decently. Then a more extensive xfree guide could be done and linked to for additional (expert) configuration needs. - foser -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo-desktop howto fix-up Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>