From: Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo Configuration Tools
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:24:11
> I'd say that this is fairly mandatory - I remember many years ago when > I first moved to Linux and had a run level editor... the only > problem is I didn't know what a run level was :P
We should have a good guide or help function :)
> didn't know what a run level was :P > I'm wondering how this is to be organised? Are we aiming for seperate > applications to perform the tasks or one pluggable application that can > do them all? (ala Linuxconf).
I think seperate apps is more maintainable. If we have one big app then I think that the source will become very clumsy, so to speak.
> I'd tend to lean towards the latter I > think, as it would mean that different sections of the app. could be > enabled/disabled depending on the user's experience/knowledge or UID :)
As paul mentoined before, this is Gentoo, Gentoo is about choice, we are not going to hide anything from anybody. Groeten, Tiemo -- Gentoo Linux Documentation developer & Desktop Research member Dutch Documentation: Desktop Research: blubber@g.o | Public key: Key fingerprint = 6749 CD77 B577 D615 4B3C A082 C430 0ACD E3E9 E3A6 -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list