From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] One research problem we could research
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 15:39:32
On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 16:46, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
If you don't use AA you shouldn't be using TTF fonts, it's a whole different setup. In one way i agree with users that in essence good bitmap fonts are better for the desktop, but good bitmap fonts cost $$$.
> For non-latin, I think we should look into making clear what needs to be done > for making it look good, which packages should be installed etc. Not all > people who would use those fonts know that.
I believe they do, otherwise they're stuck with incomplete charsets or characters from different packs with different look. Anyway, this is all part of a much bigger picture.