From: Kyle Smith <smithkm@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] closing this section
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:44:46
If g-d-r is terminated, what happens to the subprojects (specifically
the config tools)?  Also dead, now that Gnome System Tools supports

I kinda wish I'd hung around more on #gentoo-desktop-research and found
some ways to contribute.  Of all the Gentoo projects this was always the
one that interested me the most as any results would probably have a big
impact on the day-to-day usability of Gentoo.

I think (Gentoo) desktop usability definitely has a way to go, although
as Adrian mentioned, I'm not sure where some of the projects belong --
as a Gentoo project or as a part of the various desktop environments
(Gnome / KDE).  That seems like a question that would need to be

To address Paul DV's point: would this project be more likely to succeed
if different developers that didn't have as many commitments were put to
work on it?  Maybe a new round of recruitment or something similar to
drum up interest?

-- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list