From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop-research] Re: [gentoo-desktop] Gentoo Desktop Research meeting mon Jan 19th 19:00UTC
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:31:32
1 On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 17:23, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > Now that we have desktop leads I thought it is time to get the
3 > desktop-research back on its feed. I'll start with having the biweekly
4 > meetings as agreed upon in the previous meeting. It will be held on the
5 > #gentoo-desktop-research channel at 19:00 UTC this monday.
6
7 I won't be able to attend.
8
9 > At this meeting the first state of business will be to select two projects
10 > that we will work on. The candidate projects are available on:
11 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/research/meeting_reports.xml
12 > If you want to add another project please send a proposal with description to
13 > gentoo-desktop-research@g.o before the meeting. (We will not broadly discuss
14 > the proposals during the meeting).
15
16 The fonts issue should probably postponed until after an overhaul of the
17 current font handling on ebuild level is done, which is in the works
18 right now. Only then there's a basis to work on aesthetic issues.
19
20 Can i propose one more issue to be discussed : the implementation of
21 GLEP 16 (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0016.html). Which seems
22 like an ideal defining showcase of what desktop research should be
23 trying to do.
24
25 - foser
29 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list