From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] thesis - support - question - ideas ...
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 10:42:45
1 > Unfortunately, SymphonyOS died -- the founder ran out of his own money,
2 > essentially. UIs are a *huge* business, and while I applaud and
3 > encourage basic research and initiative, it's *very* difficult to turn
4 > such research and initiative into cash.
5
6 That's really sad. I never tried Mezzo or SymphonyOS, but AFAIK it was
7 extremly interesting.
8 No one has ever tried to take care of Mezzo? :(
9
10 > That said, the sort of UI that I think of as the "UI of the future"
11 > would be a full virtual reality environment with which one could do
12 > "whole-body interaction" with a computer. How about an exercise bicycle
13 > with a keyboard and mouse on the handlebars? A wall-sized keyboard one
14 > could punch with boxing gloves? Drag-and-drop with objects that actually
15 > weigh something?
16
17 I hope you're kidding... :)
18