From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop-research] IMPORTANT definitions draft
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:52:13
1 yo, this is a first attempt to write definitions and rules. Please correct my
2 bad english, bring new ideas, precisions, and critics :) Thanks
3
4 * Problem that might be handled by desktop-research
5 [anybody has a better title?]
8 A problem is in our field of action if it's about desktop, that is : client
9 side, end-user oriented workstation use. Basically, that's everything UI
10 oriented, plus hardware managment, installation problems, simple system
11 managment, as long as it is client-side oriented, that is, as long as it
12 doesn't use servers.
13
14 Examples:
15 setting internet/lan connection is desktop, but setting a ftp server is not.
16 setting sound card, graphic card is desktop, setting hardware RAID is not (well
17 actually it's becoming pretty widely used, so it might become shortly)
20 * Problem resolution
21
22 - throw a description here, verify validity
23 - preliminary discussion here
24 - add a new task : at least some time to research further (with a milestone),
25 and some time to find a solution (with milestone).
26 - assign people tio the task, set up deadlines
27 - the thing shoul end up to a GLEP
28
29 ok this whole thing is not good enough, we need to make it better
32 dams
35 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list