From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Fonts rendering and configuration Was: One research problem we could research
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:44:42
Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> said:

> On Friday 10 October 2003 11:31, dams@×××.fr wrote: >> >> I prefer proposing things, then see reactions and feedbacks, instead of >> starting endless discussions, especially in the gentoo community. If you >> come with precise proposition, it's easy to say yes/no to it, and to make >> things evolve quickly. >> >> So of course users are the goal, but we want to propose things, not discuss >> 3 months long > > I agree. From my experience asking the comunity about anything than a full > plan does not get you far. The discussions tend to loose their point at some > time. Of course you can at a point before implementation ask for opinions. > But you will need to make the decision yourself in the end.
yep. Do you have (foser and you) some kind of research directions for this font problem? I've noticed in the thread : -changing default by configuring fontconfig better : be carefull of subjective way of doing this, and avoid crashing non western font rendering -writing documentation : what is the dubject : only fontconfig configuration? how to avoid transformation in long and useless doc? btw I changed the subject. I hope I didn't break the thread for mail reader that don't look at references -- dams -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list