From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer's Target user group
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:55:02
On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 21:18, Scott Koch wrote:

> Maybe saying Mdk, RH, Suse type users isn't the best description. There > is a vast range of skill levels amoung there users. Thinking back I > used mandrake without haveing a clue of how to do anything in linux. Is > this more the direction we are heading in. Have an easy but > customizable setup for computers to do mainly the basics (web, mail, > documents, multimedia, games?) in the fast gentoo way.
Is this a question ? We must not confuse things here, if you say 'is this the way an installer should be heading?' i say yes. If you mean if this is the way Gentoo is heading, no. In my opinion the installer should be aimed at the lower skill levels, because the higher skill levels appreciate the power and hands-on feeling that the current install process gives them. - foser -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer's Target user group Nathaniel McCallum <natem@×××××××.net>