From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo-desktop howto fix-up
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:15:17
On Monday 17 November 2003 23:52, Gerald J. Normandin Jr. wrote:
> Below you will find the email that Swift had sent me regarding fixing up > the desktop-howto, it contains his suggestions. Please add your own > suggestions, and work will be underway on fixing this up. I will be > coordinating with the docs team as well as our team, and will take care > of submissions, bugs, etc.
In the xfree part there is a note about refresh rates. However with most modern displays, videocards and a modern xfree it X can actually use DDC to figure out refresh rates, modes etc. Saving a lot of problems, making things "just work". Maybe a note could be added to that respect. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: