From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] definitions draft
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:51:52
1 ok, what about this :
4 * Exploration phase - GOAL : describe and decide
5 - throw a description here, verify validity
6 - preliminary discussion here and/or irc
7 - Optional : Prepare a prototype, testcase or a little code snippet
8 to let everybody play.
9 - talk with the devs that are the most concern with the issue, get additional
10 infos, ask if there is a good reason not to handle it, inform them that plan to
11 address a GLEP
12 - APPROVAL 1 : does it worth it to handle it ? The result
13 should be written to the mailing list and on the xml project page if
14 we decide to handle the case.
15
16 * Draft phase [strict deadline] - GOAL : have a GLEP draft
17 - add new tasks : at least some time to research further (with a
18 milestone), and some time to find a solution (with milestone).
19 - one of the task should be GLEP writing. Possibly one people should
20 take care that the draft is conforming to GLEP standard
21 - assign people to the task, set up deadlines. People assigned should include
22 as most as possible external devs that are concerned by the issue, so that the
23 GLEP get discussed.
24 - all this should be well written in the xml project pages, and
25 should end with a new and shiny GLEP draft
26 - APPROVAL 2 : do we all (at desktop-research + involved devs) agree on the
27 draft?
28
29 * GLEP submission
30 - we submit the GLEP to the responsible entity, so that they approve it, or not
33 xml project pages precisions : their main goal is to organize the
34 work, and archive what's been done. They should be the canva to the
35 GLEP and development production.
36
37 GLEP precision : should contain contain the key parts of the
38 discussions of the discussion phase, problem identification (what is
39 the problem), problem acceptation (is this really a problem),
40 problem exploration (what are the causes and possible solutions to
41 the problem) , proposed solution and the merrits of this particular
42 solution. The latter of course from later discussions.
43
44 Decisions
46 We'll try to work together in a friendly manner, so no use to be
47 strict for every points. Nevertheless, rules are still usefull for
48 extreme situations.
52 dams
55 gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list