From: Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] test
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 07:12:39
Works fine :)

As I already said in #gentoo-desktop I am currently creating a set of
graphical configuration tools for gentoo. I started this project long
before I heard of the Desktop/research project, but I think it fits in
fine. So I'll give a short description of it, and maybe you can give me
some input.
Well the primary goal is the make a couple of GUI tools to administrate
Gentoo Linux boxes. The tools I had in mind are
- A runlevel editor, which is already in a working state.
- Portage manager, which enables a users to control the settings in his
/etc/make.conf. It has builtin use var browser, and mirrorselet.
- User editor, to manage user accounts on a system
- GUI frontend to ebuild.

Currently only the runlevel editor is working. You can take a look at
the project page at, and you can take a look at

Well, let me now what you think :)

Gentoo developer
Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>

Subject Author