From: Tiemo Kieft <blubber@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] test
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 07:12:39
1 Works fine :)
2
3 As I already said in #gentoo-desktop I am currently creating a set of
4 graphical configuration tools for gentoo. I started this project long
5 before I heard of the Desktop/research project, but I think it fits in
6 fine. So I'll give a short description of it, and maybe you can give me
7 some input.
8 Well the primary goal is the make a couple of GUI tools to administrate
9 Gentoo Linux boxes. The tools I had in mind are
10 - A runlevel editor, which is already in a working state.
11 - Portage manager, which enables a users to control the settings in his
12 /etc/make.conf. It has builtin use var browser, and mirrorselet.
13 - User editor, to manage user accounts on a system
14 - GUI frontend to ebuild.
15
16 Currently only the runlevel editor is working. You can take a look at
17 the project page at http://gct.sf.net, and you can take a look at
18 screenshot: http://blubber.student.utwente.nl/~blubber/gct.png
19
20 Well, let me now what you think :)