From: dams@×××.fr
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Gentoo Desktop - Proposal
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:31:46
what about a special tool, that would be able to grab your system
configuration, build a profile of it, an dalso be able to apply a profile?

So that you can install gentoo, with gnome configured as you like it, then ask
this tool to generate you the profile of the system, so that you are enable to
share it, or reuse it on other systems?

The good point of this is that we don't limit the user choice and that we allow
very easy way to automate the customization (profile file distribution).

The bad news is that you need a tool to grab the system configuration properly.
But maybe it's as simple as diffing the changed files compared to the original
installed one, and file added?

what do you think?